Apr 18, 2016
* Ted Cruz's pro-Monsanto position is a threat to America's food security.
* Ted Cruz attacked people who are concerned about GMOs, labeling them "anti-science."
* Ted Cruz is not qualified to talk about food science and agriculture. He is scientifically illiterate when he speaks about GMOs, genetic pollution and unintended consequences in agriculture.
* Supporting Monsanto means supporting the centralization and monopolization of food product. (Food fascism.)
* When power over the food supply becomes centralized, security and freedom are compromised.
* A lack of food redundancy leads to a national security vulnerability.
* Single points of failure in any system create vulnerabilities (energy, food, military, etc.)
* Distributed systems are more redundant systems. Centralized systems are easy to topple.
* Local food production means more sources of food can be more resilient and able to handle systemic failures or disruptions in the food supply.
* Many food crop failures throughout history were caused by a lack of diversity in the food supply.
* Ted Cruz misses the far bigger picture of GMOs: Environmental impacts, herbicides, economic impacts, intellectual property domination over seeds, food security, etc.
* In nearly every system, DISTRIBUTED systems of production are more resilient and democratic.
* Centralized control over the food supply actually resembles COMMUNISM!
* Ted Cruz's support of Monsanto contradicts his professed support of individual liberty. If Ted Cruz were properly educated about the real problems associated with Monsanto and GMOs, he would revise his position.
* Lack of regulation of large, powerful corporations often leads to catastrophic consequences for society. (Look at the subprime mortgage fiasco...)
* Hillary Clinton is also 100% pro Monsanto and supports GMOs and biotech monopolies over seeds.